Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

Charging and Recharging

It has been a busy weekend, and I'd like to share a bit of what went on on our little part of the mountain.  I have written about cleaning out attic and basement and that we would have a yard sale. Perhaps I didn't mention the yard sale, I can't remember.

It was decided that we would have a sale and have it coincide with the farm's Give Kids the World special day where a donation from each box of berries picked went to D"s favourite charity. It turned out to be an excellent weather day, sun shining and quite warm. D set up a table for GKTW and had yard sale items donated to it to sell. Two other friends set up their tables and H joined me. I don't think I got rid of too much, but some things did go, and information was given to me on who might take the leavings as a donation. H says we will gradually take the items to different places, and that's a good thing.



Here I am with a friend from PEI,looking my most stylish, to go with his excellent
taste in head gear. 


Just before 8 am.....getting started

Catching up with friends from PEI


C, R and K manning the fundraiser table.

I was very tired after the long day, although the sale ended at one, there was the putting it all away again thing. Thanks to R, C, and H, I didn't have to lug anything. I had been up since 5 am and was really feeling it. Aside from that, it was a good day. I talked to some really nice people who were generous in their giving to GKTW and D realized $500 for the charity.

Sunday afternoon, our community and a neighbouring one had a joint get together picnic. It was fairly well attended, with lots of food as is usual at a potluck sort of thing, plus bbq'd hamburgs and hotdogs. Some of us got together and had a bit of a sing song, with 2 playing guitars, one on mandolin and I had my uke. My fingers were so sore after an hour or so of playing, that I had to stop.







The neat thing about this sort of picnic is the variety of age groups. There were lots of wee ones, like this little one above.

I managed to get the picnic pictures with a broken camera. Since the cover on the camera lens would not open, except for a little crack, I can not understand how the pictures came out. The screen was black as I took the picture, and then the picture showed on the screen so I knew I had got it.

I had been thinking about getting a new camera and this gave me the incentive to get one. Off I went this morning to get a new one, since I shall soon be going to White Point on the south shore, with H, for a couple of days, and I definitely will need to get some shots.

The 'charging' from the title is charging my camera battery. The 're charging' is for me at White Point.

Sometimes I take pictures of weird things. The shots below are what I would call an albino earwig.



It is all white except for its eyes. However the eyes are black, so
perhaps this is not a true albino, but still interesting.

Have a good day as August begins 
Don't blink - 
Or - 
It will be September.





2 comments:

  1. Bonnie, I'm definitely not going to blink - I'm not ready for fall and more snow! Glad you got a new camera to take on vacation. Enjoy your recharging! I didn't know you played the uke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Headed off today for 2 nights away. Definitely feel the need to have a real break. I played guitar but my fingers won't work right and it is hard to get the chords, so I moved to the uke. I used to play the uke when I taught school many years ago, when the class (Gr.1) needed a time away from work.

      Delete