Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Found It....

Well, things go from bad to worse. You know the post I thought I lost, well, I published it on the Barney and Belinda blog. I do not know what I am going to do with myself. If there hadn't been a comment about the snow, it would have taken me a while to discover what I had done. Oh, Bonnie, what is next?

Here are a few more pictures. Wait.... let me check to make sure I'm in the right blog..... Yes. Okay.

School has been cancelled here for the third day. Some of the back roads haven't been plowed I guess, and others have huge drifts blocking parts of the roads.

The Captain plowed the driveway yesterday, and I did a bit of shovelling. Feeling it a bit today in my arms and back, but not as bad as I thought it might be.


There is a road there somewhere beyond the little building

Before

After


Sadie inspecting the snow drift on her porch
and waiting for me to clear the rest of it.

And, just to make sure that the day didn't go by without doing something
silly, I decided to shovel a bit, while I cooked potatoes........
not a good idea......especially when I turned on the wrong burner.


It's a good thing that I couldn't shovel for a long time.
I shared this picture on fb and found that others have done
the same thing. I don't think I'll admit that I have done this
before.

Sometimes I think my life is a comedy of errors.

That's all for now.


11 comments:

  1. You are 'in the right blog' today, Bonnie.
    We all go through those days ...LOL

    My goodness, you have so much snow!
    Is Sadie faring ok with all of it.
    She looks so cute there!

    And about turning on the wrong burner, I am done that too!

    Sending hugs
    Keep warm and safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your header. I've learned never to cook and do something else. My mind is never on what's cooking, and it burns. Sadie is smart to wait for someone to shovel - she'd get lost in a drift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb. I figured I could get away with just going out for a few minutes, but alas, the best laid plans, etc. Sadie can barely make it through a couple of inches of snow before she is weighted down with 'snowballs' clinging to her hair. She did go on a little walk on the plowed driveway, but that tuckered her out.

      Delete
  3. Hi Bonnie
    Just dropping by with a 'friendly hi' and wishing you a lovely day,
    Poor Jake is having problems again ...he is limping and I have to take him to the vet ...please say a little prayer for him (for us)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Margie, I'm sorry Jake is limping and having problems. I said a little prayer as soon as your comment appeared in my inbox. I hope he will be all right. It is so hard to see our pets suffering. Do take care. Lots of warm hugs and continued prayers.

      Delete
  4. Darn about those potatoes! Darn about this long winter! I did smile when reading this blog, although maybe it's just because we're all in this together...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it made you smile. Sometimes, if we don't laugh, we'd cry. I've been looking at pictures of frozen Lake Superior, and I should be counting my blessings. Beautiful, but so cold. Hope you are making out well in the big woods.

      Delete
  5. Don't feel alone - I've heard from three other friends who have done the same - put something on the stove and forgot about it while they were shoveling away. Which proves that shoveling is bad for our health! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. Shovelling is definitely not good for my health, but sometimes a girl's gotta do what her husband can't do. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  6. You are having an almost frightening amount of snow this winter, Bonnie. No wonder you got distracted while shovelling and forgot your pan of potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I don't laugh at myself, I'd be really concerned. Others have done the same so I don't feel so bad. The snow is probably going to be here till June, there is so much of it.

      Delete